- Yank vigorous winter weeds.
- Prune trees and shrubs, removing diseased or storm-damaged wood.
- Lightly water and fertilize indoor plants.
- Remember that plants contribute essential oxygen, reduce problem noise, feed and shelter wildlife, cool and shade urban spaces, and reduce human stress.
- Puget Sound area gardeners can eat produce fresh from the garden nearly year-round. Draw your food garden master plan, rotating crop locations from last year. Crops planted in succession will keep harvests coming.
- Sharpen mower blades and tune up mower.
- Don't walk on soggy or frozen grass.
- Healthy lawns compete with moss, which infests shady, compacted or stressed turf. Lime won't eliminate moss.