- Plant fall perennials; asters, chrysanthemums.
- Encourage birds in garden for help with insect control.
- Remember, if you kill a beneficial insect, you inherit its work.
- Enjoy June colors and scents.
- Replant replacement crops when early lettuce, mustard greens, bok choys and spinach mature.
- Mulch the garden with a thin layer of straw or rough compost after soil warms.
- Control weeds with frequent light cultivation.
- Provide an inch of water a week as rains taper off.
- Water deeply and slowly.
- Keep irrigation systems on manual, not timed, application.
- Continue "grasscycling." Grass clippings don't create thatch.
- Mow often enough to remove only one-third of grass blade length.